Sunday, April 9, 2023

Hosting

When I moved to this place, one of the things I was looking forward to was being able to host people. I have a bit of my Dad in me, in that I like to pamper people that I am fond of. The difference is there are very few people I am fond of. And, I sometimes end up pampering people that I am not fond of, which I resent. It surprises me how much I resent it. I have one friend who bores me no end, and I still hang out with them. A big problem is this friend is quite sensitive to ribbing, so I can't joss about the way I do with my other friends. I am pretty sure that the feeling is at least partially reciprocated. but, we continue to meet, and it is often I who initiate the meetings. Sometimes it is out of a sense of obligation because they have not been as fortunate as me. Sometimes, it is because group plans don't work out and in the end its just the two of us. Sometimes, it is out of my own loneliness. I don't have a reason to be out of the house on weekends any longer as I don't have irascible housemates. So I am guessing I will get used to spending time with myself. Become more comfortable in my own skin. 

No comments: