Monday, April 10, 2023

Default Happiness Setting

I was talking with a close friend the other day, and, thinking aloud, I told her that I want to be with a happy person. Someone whose default setting is happy, which is not the case with me. The friend I was talking to is going through hell at the moment, but I would describe her default state as happy. As I would of my sister and father. I don't equate chirpy with happy, and I realise you have to know a person well before you can form judgements about their default state. But, then it occurred to me that most of the people I would describe as happy were female, and unhappy would be male. I wonder why that is the case? 
Your default state of mind is usually inborn. I realised that when I met my cousin's son, who is the most cheerful baby I have ever met. Maybe his personality will change dramatically when he grows up, but I doubt it. So, if you are born as a happy or unhappy person, is there hope for you if you are the latter? I would like to believe so. I don't have anything more to say right now, but this is a topic that I will keep returning to because it is so important. 

No comments: