After holding up very well for a month and a half, my tummy has given way again. I am putting it down to the change in weather from balmy to steamy, and I hope its not an infection. As I have a bad habit of imagining the worst when it comes to my health, I have already been to hell and back. Chances are its just that the last couple of days have been a little stressful and I have been pushing myself hard while exercising. My body's way of telling me to lighten up? I hope so.
I had a niggling tummy upset for my first few weeks in India. I had dismissed it as acclimatization pains. Let's see what it is this time. If its one of those beastly tropical infections, the only consolation is I will be too enervated to feel bad about falling ill. The recovery period is often the most painful, especially if one has to be on a diet and restricted activity, but I am trying not to think about it.
It never ceases to amaze me how I only fall sick when I have people around to take care of me. In Bristol for all of last year, I was the picture of pink health. Well, what will be will be. I have fallen sick like people do sometimes, I have imagined worst-case scenarios that would make anyone's hear curl. All is right with the world!
I had a niggling tummy upset for my first few weeks in India. I had dismissed it as acclimatization pains. Let's see what it is this time. If its one of those beastly tropical infections, the only consolation is I will be too enervated to feel bad about falling ill. The recovery period is often the most painful, especially if one has to be on a diet and restricted activity, but I am trying not to think about it.
It never ceases to amaze me how I only fall sick when I have people around to take care of me. In Bristol for all of last year, I was the picture of pink health. Well, what will be will be. I have fallen sick like people do sometimes, I have imagined worst-case scenarios that would make anyone's hear curl. All is right with the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment