I am happy to report that the big toe nail that was giving me trouble came off yesterday, and there were no blood or tears involved. Its passage was aided by regular baths in hot water. I was hoping it would come off before I returned to England, and I am glad it did.
I have reached that age where one has a reasonable idea of which body parts will give trouble in advanced age. My big toe nails are one of those, the other being my eyes, my right knee and my left lower back/hip. Even though none of these body assets are a major cause of concern yet, the hypochondriac in me gives them special attention, especially my eyes. So, its good to discover a tool to cope with one of them at least. Frequent baths in hot water keep nails clean and also help loosen those that have started to wobble. Troublesome toenails might not seem like, and are not, a major health issue but they can be painful and throw your daily routines in disarray. I have extensive experience of trying to bathe without getting the dressing on my injured toenails wet, and it never gets easier. I was dreading the possibility of the toenail coming off in England, where winter is not completely out of the way. Leaving aside the fact that I am scared of any engagement with England's National Health service, there is also the problem of closed footwear not being conducive to large bandages. Yes, I think of the most minor of details, and, yes, I know its weird. But, it is what it is.
I have reached that age where one has a reasonable idea of which body parts will give trouble in advanced age. My big toe nails are one of those, the other being my eyes, my right knee and my left lower back/hip. Even though none of these body assets are a major cause of concern yet, the hypochondriac in me gives them special attention, especially my eyes. So, its good to discover a tool to cope with one of them at least. Frequent baths in hot water keep nails clean and also help loosen those that have started to wobble. Troublesome toenails might not seem like, and are not, a major health issue but they can be painful and throw your daily routines in disarray. I have extensive experience of trying to bathe without getting the dressing on my injured toenails wet, and it never gets easier. I was dreading the possibility of the toenail coming off in England, where winter is not completely out of the way. Leaving aside the fact that I am scared of any engagement with England's National Health service, there is also the problem of closed footwear not being conducive to large bandages. Yes, I think of the most minor of details, and, yes, I know its weird. But, it is what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment