Monday, July 6, 2020

What Do I Know

After my blow-up while talking to a close friend yesterday, I had a few tense moments talking to my parents today. The first was when they were urging me to network professionally. I listened for a bit but found  myself getting annoyed. Pandemic nerves maybe? That conversation ended only when I snapped at them for treating me like a kid who has never worked in the professional world. Snapping at my parents always makes me feel guilty because I know they will take my bull-shit. Many friends wouldn't, and that's understandable, especially in the middle of a pandemic when everyone is on edge. The second tense moment when my Mom snapped me for dismissing a video she had sent about steam inhalation as a cure/allebiative for Covid-19 without even watching the video. I made it a point to watch the video after our call and my opinion about it remain unchanged. I was in half a mind to send an article saying steam inhalation as a cure for covid-19 was fake news but decided against it. Hopefully, this pandemic will help me get better at letting things be. And maybe inhaling steam does cure Covi-19--what do I know? (I have written before about the usefulness of the "What do I know?" attitude before but can't seem to find the blog. It is basically a combination of humility and detachment).

No comments: