Friday, July 17, 2020

Fortune Smiles

Nothing lifts my mood than to get word that I will be receiving money that I wasn't expecting. I don't see myself as particularly money-minded but I do check my bank balance more than is required. Watching the money just sitting there gives me some satisfaction, which makes me an extra mild Uncle Scrooge, I suppose. I have a frugal lifestyle and am careful with my spending but over the years I have learnt to look with amusement rather than judgement at those with extravagant tastes. 
But, word that I will be  receiving this money came sooner than expected, which made the surprise even more pleasant. When fortune smiles you try and run with it, so I decided to channel my good mood into writing my PhD thesis. And it worked. I didn't write reams and reams, but at least I managed to dig myself out of the rut I was in. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up the momentum in coming days. Having a separate keyboard which makes that extremely satisfying clackety-clack also helps I suppose. 

No comments: