Since lockdown began, I have been doing high-intensity interval training. One expects exercises to get easier with time if one keeps at the same number of reps, but that has not been my experience with HIIT. I go flat out every time, and any increase of ease in doing the routines is marginal. What I have noticed though is my recovery time has reduced. The first few weeks I would feel completely winded for a few hours after the routine. Now, not so much. Is there a metaphor about life here?
Sensitive souls like me always wish we weren't so thin-skinned. But, maybe one doesn't get better at withstanding shocks. Maybe one gets better at standing up quickly when knocked down. I will continue to be affected by stuff that doesn't affect many other people but I will recover more quickly.
(I will save you the lecture about how my sensitivity is a strength).
No comments:
Post a Comment