Today, I read some of my first blogs, which date back to 2006. I was struck by both the quality of the writing and the quality of ideas. Both were not too different from the present, which was surprising because I had imagined I am both a better writer and wiser person now. Back then, I only blogged if I had a clear idea for a blog and was sure I had something at least mildly interesting to say. I didn't sit down at my computer and allow thoughts and words to flow (or not) as I do now. But, on the point of feeling I have become wiser, I feel it would be more accurate to say that I have become more comfortable with myself. And, that comfort stems from a place beyond the reach of logical reasoning. This is not to say that analytical reasoning doesn't play a part in my emotional well-being. But, its not a replacement for life experiences, openness and guidance from others. I may have become wiser as a lot of people do with age, but my greater comfort with myself doesn't stem from wisdom. If anything, the causality may be the other way around.
Friday, July 31, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment