After buzzing with uncharacteristic over the past two days, my Twitter notifications indicator has gone silent again. The validation nudges can become addictive very quickly, and when they stop they leave behind an uncanny silence. I still check my Twitter page occasionally to see if any has liked or retweeted my article, but realize that its for the best that the world has moved on. Eventually so will I, although I must admit that coming down to earth after walking in the clouds is not a pleasant experience. There is also some guilt for getting carried away in the first place, which I trying my best to resist. At the end of the day, we carry our triumphs and losses much longer than the world does. How to maintain equanimity amid heady triumphs and grinding losses is an invaluable skill that is difficult to learn.
Monday, January 6, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment