Saturday, January 25, 2020

Taking Back Control

I had never thought I would title a blog with the slogan of the campaign for Britain to leave the EU. But, notwithstanding the fact that Brexit campaign leaders were wannabe fascists, feeling helpless and like a pawn of fate can be quite demoralizing. I am currently in a situation where I feel like I  am being tossed around by the waves in both my personal and professional lives. At such times, radical change is not always the answer, not least because one is not in the right frame of mind to dispassionately assess the possible outcomes of one's actions. Rather, ritualistic actions to show you have some control could be what is needed. Rituals have their place in life. Sometimes, the action itself is more important than the outcome of the actions. Sometimes, action--any action--helps and is better than doing nothing.

No comments: