Why do my manic days only fall on a Monday, and why do most of them involve my cycle. I was ready to leave for uni at 6:30 am this morning, all set for a bright and shiny start to the week, when I noticed I had a flat on my cycle. I groaned as I put my bike and started prepping for a phone interview at 7 am which I would now have to do from home. After the interview, I decide to fix the puncture on my own. The last time I took my bike to a workshop to get a puncture fixed, the repair guy had given me really funny looks. I was thwarted at the first step because I couldn't even get the wheel off with the cheap spanner from my puncture kit. I had to borrow my housemate's high tech repair kit to get the wheel off. Next obstacle: trying to get the tube off the tire. After that, trying to find the puncture, and failing. Full of disgust at myself and my situation, I took the wheel and rim to the nearest repair shop, which it turned out was not a repair shop but a guy working out of his shed, who was out walking his dog when I reached. After making me wait for 15 minutes, he took half an hour to fix the puncture. He was gobby and a typical man who is bad at multi-tasking, so whenever he talked he stopped working. His services weren't cheap either.
I finally made it to uni around 11 am but try as I might, I couldn't focus and I had to write off today. To top off a bad day, I left my cauliflower sabzi simmering on the stove while I was hanging my washing, and forgot all about it. When I remembered half and hour later, I ran to the kitchen, afraid that there might have caused a small fire. I hadn't, and aside from the fact that I would have to eat cauliflower puree for dinner, there was no damage. Anyway, tomorrow is a new day, and with a new day, comes new hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment