If you are an over-thinker like I do, you may have a tendency to sweat the small stuff. Ascribe too much importance to events and people that are trivial to your existence in the longer scheme of things. Which is why I admire people who can bury themselves in their work or passions without effort. But, if you are not such a person, you need to consciously make the effort not to sweat the small stuff without beating yourself up for sweating the small stuff. I remember an email a friend forwarded from a professor. He was replying to her email about how she would have loved to pursue a PhD supervised by him but couldn't because of a stormy personal life. He was sympathetic in his response but suggested that only starting a PhD once all her ducks were in order might not be the best course of action. Maybe her PhD would help her get her ducks in order. I say Amen to that.
Sunday, September 15, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment