Last night, I attended my first music concert. It was an evening concert at a farm a few hours away from Mumbai and my friends and I opted to stay over at the farm. I had heard of the band that was playing, but I wasn't a big fan of them. That didn't change over the course of the evening, but the whole experience was worth it. It was more of a visual than an acoustic treat for me--especially watching people who were really into the music. A few years ago, the cynic in me would have dismissed them as wannabes, and I would have found the concert experience alienating. Now, I would like to think I am much less judgmental and open to other ways of being. And, that change showed even in my interactions with the people I had come with. There were five of us and I was meeting two of them after years. I hadn't hit it off with the two on previous occasions, which is why I hadn't bothered to keep in touch. Not that there was any hostility, I just felt I had nothing to talk about with them. But, this time around, things were different. I was able to interact with them in a much freer and open manner. Not that we will ever be fast friends, but the spectrum of friendship is broad and accommodating, and they have found a place on mine.
Sunday, February 24, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment