Today, I went for a morning jog in Yeoor Hills and ended up at the same panoramic spot to catch the sunrise as last weekend, but with much more trepidation. Last week, a leopard was spotted in the parking lot of a mall in my hometown which isn't in close proximity to any forested area. And I was lurking in a wooded area on the edge of the leopards' natural habitat. Surely that was asking for trouble from leopards who seem to have become very brazen. It suddenly occurred to me why I hadn't seen anyone else at sunrise point last weekend. Maybe they were keeping away out of fear of leopards, as leopard-man run-ins become increasingly common. I was in half a mind to skip the sunrise but it proved too difficult to fight the temptation since I was so close to sunrise point. Also, I had two men for company today so I felt safer. On my way down as well, I ran into a villagefolk gathering firewood at regular intervals. Since all the people I encountered were significantly smaller than me in stature, I felt that any leopard would go after them rather than me.
Is this how women feel when they are in secluded spots, except that they fear men rather than leopards? And, they do sigh with relief whenever they see another woman, as the sight of other humans relieved me?
Is this how women feel when they are in secluded spots, except that they fear men rather than leopards? And, they do sigh with relief whenever they see another woman, as the sight of other humans relieved me?
No comments:
Post a Comment