I have promised to not write too many blogs about blogging, but this one is a meta-blog with a difference. Instead of writing about how great blogging is, this one is about how unsatisfying it has been for the past 10 days or so. The same goes for yoga, the other tool in my wellness box. It has been days since I wrote a blog which feel full and satisfying, and I wonder why. Come to think of it, the past few days have not been very satisfying, mostly because I have been under the weather and have stayed mostly indoors. Blogging is about coming home after a full day and reflecting on the day, so when are your days aren't full, obviously blogging is not very satisfying. Now my blog is not a log of the day's events, and I often reflect on thoughts on ideas that didn't necessarily come up during that day (I keep an inventory of blog ideas that I tap from time to time). But, when you are unwell, your mental juices flow at a more leisurely place, which is probably why blogging has seemed like such a chore these past few days. The thing I have realized about other wellness tool--yoga--is that its not a magic wand that brightens up a dull day every time, although on rare occasions it does work that way. But, having faith in the practice, and returning to the mat even when it feels like a drag, has definitely helped me. I have the same attitude towards blogging. We instinctively know what practices/relationships/perspectives serve us well even if we lack the intellect to understand or the vocabulary to articulate how exactly they serve us.
I am glad that I have managed to keep up the practice of blogging and have compensated for the lack of inspiration by writing shorter blogs. Tomorrow, is a new week, and as I am feeling better, I am hoping that it will be a physically and intellectually productive week. And, as it happens, I am satisfied with this blog post.
I am glad that I have managed to keep up the practice of blogging and have compensated for the lack of inspiration by writing shorter blogs. Tomorrow, is a new week, and as I am feeling better, I am hoping that it will be a physically and intellectually productive week. And, as it happens, I am satisfied with this blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment