Since I resumed blogging I sometimes wonder why I blog, given that I don't advertise it and my regular readers could be counted on the ring finger of one hand (sometimes I feel blogger.com shows one reader even if there aren't any just to keep bloggers like me going). Well, the primary reason I do it is because I have a lot of free time in the evenings and I enjoy spending time this way. I see my blog as a friend who is available every evening to listen to my musings. And because I see it as a friend, I don't use it as a garbage bin to unload all my angst in. Come to think of it, since I have started blogging, I haven't felt the need for therapeutic writing. It helps that the act of writing helps me think in a way that the act of speaking doesn't. I suppose it would be the same if I just maintained a personal journal, but this is my way of engaging with the world. Even if no one is listening. Engaging with the world in an intimate, personal way, also called self-expression, is a need, not a hobby. There is something to be said for navel-gazing.
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment