My first post had a quote about how there can be no knowledge without emotion. Today, that rang true again. As I was trying to think of what to write today I came across my ideapad on my phone. For a while now, I have been in the habit of jotting down ideas on my phone so that I don't forget them. When a idea strikes, it is usually so strong that you feel like it is impossible to forget. But, it evaporates from your mind just as easily.
So, as I was going through my ideapad I was struck by how similar my old ideas are to my new ones. I thought the past year and a half has made me wiser, but it is amazing how little my thinking has changed. What has changed is that I have felt many of the truths that I knew before. For a truth that you might have arrived at through intellectual labour to become your truth, you have to feel it. And, that makes all the difference. It can be incredibly frustrating to know a truth and not feel it.
So, as I was going through my ideapad I was struck by how similar my old ideas are to my new ones. I thought the past year and a half has made me wiser, but it is amazing how little my thinking has changed. What has changed is that I have felt many of the truths that I knew before. For a truth that you might have arrived at through intellectual labour to become your truth, you have to feel it. And, that makes all the difference. It can be incredibly frustrating to know a truth and not feel it.
No comments:
Post a Comment