Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Thornless

During yoga class last week, at one point our instructor asked us to focus on a personal relationship that was troubled. I couldn't for the life of me think of a single such relationship in my life. And I felt extraordinarily lucky. No relationship is ideal but there is not a single one that feels like a thorn in my side. Maybe this is because I  haven't been in England long enough to forge close relationships, and only a close relationship can become troubled. Whatever the reason, I feel extraordinarily blessed. If the same question had been posed to me four months ago, my answer would have been very different. One of the most important relationships in my life was troubled. Or rather, I was still in the process of making it right although I had started the process a few months prior. 
It is always nice to have reminders of how far I have come. Also, a reminder that relationships aren't static and have to be nurtured. But, the nurturing doesn't an shouldn't feel like a chore, at least not all the time. 

No comments: