It took me a while to learn that one can spend hours and hours scrolling the internet. It could be doom scrolling, It could be stalking attractive people on social media, it could be watching viral videos that are so inane that you can feel your brain melt as you watch them. I have upped my internet hygiene game over the years, but it feels like an uphill battle. I have set timers for twitter and Instagram on my laptop browsers, I do not have any social media apps or browsers on my phone. My most recent and expensive cope was to buy a TV to give me something else to do in the winter evenings other than doomscrolling. This morning, I also realised that I take too long to get out of bed because I get on my phone after walking up. So, from tonight, I won’t sleep with my phone next to me.
PS: One can take ages to get out of bed on cold winter mornings even without scrolling on the phone
No comments:
Post a Comment