My recollection of my personal writing history was this: I started this blog in 2006, alternated between two and eight posts till 2009, and gave up personal writing until reviving this blog in January 2018. A few days ago, I went through the Documents folder that has passed through several of my laptops over the years, and realised I was wrong. It turns out that I was also a prolific writer in the intervening years. It is just that most of the posts were so angst-laden that I would not dream of putting them on the blog. And, then, from the year before I revived this blog, there are the files that were part of my therapeutic journey. Therapy gave a purpose and direction to my personal writing. In the process, I learnt that vomitting out your angst can bring momentary relief but little else. While it is better to vent into a diary rather than use a friend or well-wisher as a "garbage bin" (my therapists words) venting alone does not move one along the path towards recovery and healing. I am keen to visit some of the therapeutic learning techniques and exploer whether I can apply some of them to my current project.
Wednesday, January 15, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment