Sunday, March 26, 2023

The Game

 Today, I learnt that meetup groups are a place where men actively prospect for dates. After meeting someone they are interested in at a meetup event, it is quite normal for men to drop them a message asking them out for a coffee. Its not that I thought these things didn't happen. Its just that I didn't think it was very common. Come to think of it, it makes perfect sense. Why shouldn't single people prospect for a relationship. But, it does make me feel a bit alienated from the scene. I haven't met anyone whom I have felt like messaging after a meetup. Its not that there are any attractive women on these meetups. Its just that I haven't felt that spark with anyone yet. Maybe I don't make enough of an effort to talk to women at these events. Maybe I should make a point to talk to all the women I find attractive. We still live in a heteronormative world where men are expected to do the hunting, to put it very crudely. I was hoping to finish on a positive, uplifting note, but can't think of anything right now. For the next five days, my dating life will have to take a back seat. I have a job to land, and I am determined to do my damndest to land it. 

No comments: