So, tomorrow I have a job interview at UWE. I fancy my chances but I am remember that I also fancied my chances the last two times I applied there. I had thought "why wouldn't they take me?". And, they didn't. This my best shot at getting a permanent job, which also increases the pressure. If I can't land this, will I ever be able to land another one? Yes, I am not dying to work there. But, sometimes I feel like life has become quite a drag and I can't muster enthusiasm for anything. So, what is the option? Fake it till you make it? If I don't get a job before my visa expires next summer, I will have to return to India, which is an outcome I want to avoid. I realise my life trajectory has been determined by the stuff that I don't want to do. Yes, in the process, I have discovered what I want to enjoy. And, being clear about what you don't want is the next best thing to being clear about what you want. I don't want to teach at Bristol another year--I don't want to teach mainstream economics any more, I don't want o hand-hold students through their master's dissertations, and I don't want to grade another 1k-word research proposal for a 2k word essay. So, that is settled then. I must give it my all tomorrow, and I can save the existential ruminations for later.
Thursday, March 30, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment