Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Back to blogging (Again)

 I've written before about how I am going to get back to blogging and this time I really mean it. I have realised that I am a more angtsy and unsettled person when I don't have blogging as an outlet for my overthinking. Instead of having thoughts bounce around in my head, I can put them down and observe them from a distance. Blogging helps me know myself better and come to terms with the physical, emotional and spiritual world I inhabit. And, its not just a safety valve, it is an enjoyable experience. I have enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember. So, I have hit upon a method to encourage me to write everyday. A huge problem for me was on days when I didn't have an obvious blogging idea, I would much around on the internet, and before I would know it, I would have doomscrolled for an hour. So, from now on, I am going to set a timer for 15 minutes. The timer will give me the nudge I need to either come up with something to write, or to read past blogs. 15 minutes is an ideal chunk of time, long enough to come up with a decent blog entry, but not that long to seem like a drag. I am confident that my return to blogging this time is for real. 

No comments: