Saturday, March 25, 2023

Clocks Go Forward 2023

The clocks go forward tonight, marking the end (hopefully) of an exceptionally cold winter. The cold has given way to storms, so things haven't started to look up on the weather front. But, as is my tradition, I use these occasions to reflect on the time since the last clock change. I don't have a blog entry for the end of British Summer Time 2022 because it was during my lean blogging phase. So, I went back to my posts before that. And, I have reached the conclusion that life is much better than it was during 2020 and 2021. That might seem like not a very surprising. But, caught up in one's current problems and tribulations, it is easy to forget. I have been on bit of a melancholy phase lately, so its an important reminder that life is on the upswing, even if I can't tell from the inside. I have managed to move out of my previous accommodation and put my housemates from hell out of sight and out of mind. Next up is a job interview, which I am going to do my damndest to ace. So, yes, I might still be single and occasionally lonely, and wish I had more and better friends, but that doesn't mean everything is shite.  

No comments: