Friday, March 24, 2023

Last Day of Teaching Before Easter

 I was hoping that no one would turn up for today's class, but I was wrong. They did turn up, and they were even more bored and unenthusiastic than usual. I got yawned at, and two girls started chatting while I was lecturing. Since there were just about 10-12 people in the classroom, I was a bit miffed. I was also quite unhappy with the lecture I had prepared, and if I had the time, energy and the inclination, I would have completely revamped it. The bollocking I got on Monday for crossing the picket line has snuffed what little joy I would find in teaching. But, I suppose that is just the fatigue talking. Eight straight weeks of teaching can be quite tiring, even though I feel like my teaching load is pretty manageable. If I get the UWE job, my teaching load will likely be much heavier. But, we will cross that bridge when we reach it. No point in worrying about it for now. 

No comments: