This morning, I watched clips from the BBC documentary on Modi that promoted a raid on their office in Delhi and Mumbai today. The clip that stayed with me was his interview with the BBC journalist. I have to admit that his rude and menacing manner sent a chill up my spine, so I can only imagine what it must have been like for the journalist. No words can do justice to his loathsomeness, and this blog is not about him. As I was thinking about the interview in the evening, I suddenly thought of my Dad, who couldn't be more unlike Modi in his personality. Soft-spoken, mild-mannered, exuding warmth and empathy, but nobody's fool. The angel and the ghoul. If there are people like Modi in this world, there are also people like Baba. And, that is heartening to know.
Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment