I am sitting in my empty bedroom, waiting for my new landlord to pick me up. The room seems enormous, especially bereft of my furniture. And, again, I am reminded of why I stayed here as long as I did. It is a very pleasant and airy room. One window looks out on the back garden and the meadow beyond and the other provides more light. It is definitely much more pleasant than the Airbnb, and bigger than the one I am moving to. But, this room was my world when I was in this house. I would cook and eat in the kitchen but apart from that I was always in my bedroom because there were no other common spaces, except for a tiny sitting room. I would have preferred to move into a similarly size bedroom and into a house closer to the centre, but you can't have everything. Anyway, over and out from 46, Romney Avenue.
Friday, February 17, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment