Thursday, February 16, 2023

Last Night in 46, Romney Avenue

 I went back the post I had written on my last night in 61, Freemantle Road. This house was supposed to be a temporary abode, purposefully chosen because I wanted to be close to UWE in the final year of my PhD. In the post, I had written that I would look for some place more homely after I had finished my PhD. I finished my PhD last month, so I have been true to my word. But, at that point, I would never have imagined that it would take me 3 years and 3 months, and 13 housemates, to reach here. Yes, 13 housemates. I ran a search on my blog with the term 'housemate' and was presented with more than two dozen posts. My housemates have been causing me grief for a long long time, and maybe I should have moved out ages ago. I feel I have been quite unlucky with housemates. The two worst housemates were here the longest. Betty was a housemate for nearly three years and Shane for nearly two. But, as a close and very wise friend, "all in good time". I should not diss this place too much. Its quite a pleasant house, especially for the price, and I was much more comfortable here than I was in the Airbnb, despite fruity housemates. The house abuts a meadow and I have a nice view from my window. Purdown was a godsend during lockdown. I remember I would go for evening walks to clear my head after being cooped up at home all day. My room here is also quite roomy, which allowed me to deepen my yoga practice. And, my landlady is an angel. Now, its time to move on. 

The walls are already starting to look bare, after I took down the appeal to get laid that Nivi had given me before I returned to Bristol. Its funny, because I can't remember the last time I looked at it. I will soon take dowj the post-it notes above my desk, which I also haven't looked at in ages. "But, I'm here.". "I enjoy". "Let it Be". "Trust, accept! Be Open! I've Got This" and "What is, Is, What Will be be, Will be".(In Hindi). A new chapter begins tomorrow. 

No comments: