Sunday, February 5, 2023

Meet-Up Walk

 I was in two minds whether to go to today's meet-up walk. And, the journey to the starting point of the walk was also eventful. I underestimated how long it would take me to finish cooking, so I ended up leaving 15 minutes late. it didn't help that the route was much less straightforward than google maps would have me believe, and I ended up getting lost several times. And, getting lost on a dual carriageway is a completely different kettle of fish than getting lost in a city, where you can just pull over on to a pavement and check googlemaps. On a dual carriageway, you have to pull over on a grassy, muddy verge. and, then when I realised I was headed in the wrong direction, there was no way to turn back because I would have to cross four lanes of traffic. Never have I been more afraid of getting run over. But, I did manage to cross the road, and I did manage to reach the starting point (which had also been changed at the last minute due to a hike in parking fees). All in all, I was glad I went. My main purpose was to get way from the bad vibes of my house. Soon, I will be out of here, and I won't have to worry about bad vibes from my housemates. I also found myself feeling less pressured to talk to make conversation. My strategy is to smile a lot so as to not appear unfriendly, even if I come across as shy. I am not shy (except when it comes to talking to pretty women). I just can't be bothered to make small talk. But, this is a warm and jolly group, even if we don't have loads to talk about, so I don't think I mind seeing them once in a while. 

No comments: