Thursday, January 19, 2023

Weighing Scales

 I spent a sizeable amount of time today wondering whether I had lost weight and how to check if I had. Because weight loss is a sign of serious illness, and having had a tummy ache for more thana month, my mind is naturally leaping to contemplate the worse possibilities. But, to my credit, I didn't dump everything and rush home to weigh myself. Because it would have been useless--the scales Bonking Betty left behind are not easy to replace. Neither did I pop into the nearest Boots. I have come to terms with the fact that I am an anxious personality. In the past, I have had stomach trouble, which I guessed was caused by anxiety, but this time feels different. And, the problem seems to be persisting much longer so I have chalked out a plan of action. A PoA makes me feel like I have at least a little control, even if the PoA changes on a daily basis. And, I know that me being the way I am, I don't need to worry about complacence or that I will wait too long before seeking help. If its anything serious (and knock on wood, its not) I know that I will be quite proactive in dealing with it. In fact, too proactive. 

No comments: