Tuesday, January 31, 2023

House Viewing

 I had a good feeling about the house and my future housemate and it turned out that I was right. He is a shy Brit of my mother's age, and he was a bit awkward before we started talking. I think I will get along well with him, My only reason for hesitation is logistical. The rooms are bit smaller than I would have liked and its a bit further out than I would have liked. Damn these former council houses. So it might turn out that I have to do yoga in the sitting room instead of in my bedroom. And, I might have to significantly reduce the stuff I have, which might not be a bad thing. I have to admit that I am much much more comfortable in this house than I was at John's house. My room is a good size and I have a good amount of storage space for my stuff.  I don't want to overthink this one. The best part about being a renter is the ability and willingness to up and leave whenever you want to have to. I am not going to grow old in this home, and as far as I can tell, it will be a significant improvement over my current living situation. 

No comments: