Monday, January 9, 2023

Back To Blogging

 If I look at the annual tally of my blog posts, this is what it looks like: 2022 (60); 2021 (276); 2020 (292); 2019 (244); 2020 (247). The higher tallies of 2020 and 2021 should be put down to me not going anywhere in 2020 and only to Brighton in 2021. And, 2022 was the year I took a break from blogging. I have written before about how I was discomfited by the extent to which I had exposed myself to the world. There is no point in going over that again. All I can say is I am ready to blogging regularly. 2023 is going to be a year of new beginning. A new job (hopefully), a new house (definitely), a relationship (never say never!). I feel like I have so much to do and so little positive motivation. By positive motivation, I mean running towards something, and not running away from something. When I think about all the things I am trying to run away from (my current house, my current job) I feel overwhelmed. I need the reassurance space that is my blog to put some distance between me and my lived reality and not feel engulfed by it. Maybe my circumstances will change. Maybe I will have a housemate or lover with whom I can muse over worldly matters over a cup of tea in the evenings. Until that happens, I plan to blog regularly. I should have plenty to blog about over the next few days and weeks as my India trips always give me a lot of intellectual fodder. After that, its just a question of keeping up with the habit. 

No comments: