Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sharing My Experience With Anxiety

 yesterday, I spoke with an acquaintance of a friend who is struggling with anxiety. My friend thought hearing my own experience of dealing with anxiety would help him. I sometimes forget what an achievement it is that I was able to submit a PhD that I am not satisfied. That a few years ago, there was no guarantee that I would continue with my PhD. I don't see it as a big achievement because the thought of quitting never once crossed my mind back then. But what if It had taken me longer to recover? "I took a year out of my PhD to deal with my health" sounds almost normal. But, I two or three years doesn't. Hearing stories of people who are still struggling with long Covid I feel very lucky. But, I should feel proud of myself. Yes, I had the support of friends, family and well-wishers and couldn't have done it without them. But, the prime mover in my recovery was me. I should remind myself of this achievement more often. 

No comments: