Saturday, October 22, 2022

Blogging Is A Habit

I miss blogging, and yet have struggled to get back into the habit. The experience of writing a PhD has left me quite diffident about my writing skills and my researching skills. Its been a while since anyone has praised my writing or my research, and anyone with a weaker tendency for overconfidence my have crumbled by now. But, the point is I miss blogging, I miss writing for pleasure, writing with an explicit purpose, writing that none else would likely read, but writing that is still out there in the world. Its like the difference between singing in an open field with no one around, and singing in your head. I nearly gave up blogging when I realised how personal my blog had become, how I had slowly shed my inhibitions, turning the blog from a chronicle of my musings into a personal diary. I was uncomfortable with how much I had potentially exposed myself to the world. I am still trying to figure this conundrum out, but I am determined to keep blogging. Its a salve for both my loneliness and my overthinking. There, I said the L world. I am someone who relishes solitude, but solitude is hard to find in Tory England. Well, it is what it is. All I know is I'm a happier person when I'm blogging, I am out of the PhD purgatory, and there is no reason not to blog. If someone stumbles and gets a view into my deep, dark mind, they are welcome to it. 

No comments: