Monday, October 24, 2022

Hold On and Wait

 I saw a tweet today which struck a chord. It read There was a stage this year when I thought I would never have another funny or strange story to tell because life was so hard and I thought nothing could be magical again and life, she really surprises you, you just have to hold on and wait sometimes'. Hold on and Wait. In a previous post I had asked if there is any better advice about life than ride the waves and cling on during troughs. In the past few weeks, months and years, I have repeatedly tormented myself about what I should do differently to make life more manageable? Lower my standards when it comes to new houses, whether to go off or on dating apps, what I should be doing about my shoulder, my career prospects, etc. And, yet, I realise that what I probably need to do is hold on and wait. Wait and watch. To wait for the clouds to part, rather than try to pull them apart myself. Because the clouds will part, eventually, the sun will shine, this is the circle of life, everything is cyclical.

No comments: