Saturday, October 29, 2022
Friendships After Covid
The past two years have been, at best, weird, and worst, horrifying for everyone, I said to a friend who was apologizing for not being very present. She ascribes her behaviour to being in a relationship that she now recognizes was extremely toxic. I had noticed that she had become bit of stranger. We did not break off all contact but when we spoke it felt like I was talking to a different person. But since she lives across the Atlantic, and given what was happening, I thought that was understandable. At the time, I was going through a rough patch with one of my closest friends in the UK, which was taking up all my reserves of anger and animosity. But, today for the first time, this other friend sounded like the person I knew. She is someone who played a big role during my troubles, and I hope I have offered her some support. In any case, I am glad to have her back in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment