The teaching semester is over, I am half way through my grading load, and my dating life is looking up. This summer seems like it is going to be better than the past two. Yes, I still have my PhD to finish, but I am confident that I will over the summer. In the shower today, it struck me how difficult the past eight months have been. Ever since I started this job, its been one thing after another. The stress of a new job and whether I was doing okay, catching a cold before my India trip, the stress of travelling to, within and from India, the stress of a heavy teaching load this term, catching Covid in the middle of it and taking weeks to recover from my cough. To be sure, I haven't had any major crises. Just a succession of travails one after the another without a great support network. And, having come through them, I feel stronger.
Friday, May 13, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment