This is a dialogue from the biggest Bollywood hit of the 1990s. It means 'Go, lie your life as you please', and it is my go-to mantra for the next few days/weeks/months. It conveys neither opprobium nor approval, just light-hearted resignation. A friend texted today that she won't be able to make it on a holiday trip. I don't want to get in the details but my firs response was anger. But, my anger soon melted away and I mouthed this dialogue to her in my mind, even though she doesn't speak Hindi. Its a crazy world that is only going to get crazier, and people close to us will do things that may seem crazy to us, and vice versa. In the grand scheme of things those acts of craziness do not matter. I am taking the same attitude towards the girl who ghosted me (in my mind, of course). Anxiety gave way to indignation and which has now given way to resignation.
Friday, May 20, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment