As I am in the process of being ghosted, I thought it would be good to read my posts on the subject from 2018. They are dripping with wisdom, if I may so myself, and I don't have much to add. The only point I disagree with is that I had said Ghosting doesn't affect me much anymore. Naturally, it depends on who is doing the ghosting and how invested you are in them or in the prospect of a relationship. What I do notice is that ghosting is one the rise. I don't know if the pandemic and the other craziness in this world has anything to do with it. I have been ghosted by about half a dozen people over the past 6 months. Most didn't singe, because I wasn't invested too much in them. But, the fact is that I have never ghosted anyone, or at least anyone sane. I learnt from a girl last year that it was polite to send a "I am going to go my own way" message after a dead-end date. If women who are scared how a man will react can do it, I have no excuse. Yes, ghosting doesn't come in the way of closure. But, it does delay closure and life is short, if there is no prospect of romance its best to move on and let the other person know so they can move on too. as I have written before, I consider ghosting someone you've never met in person acceptable in most circumstances. But people you've met deserve a response.
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment