When I got in to uni last morning, I started looking up second-hand bike shops. Then, I suddenly remembered that my uni, like most employers, has a cycle to work scheme, and I looked it up. One thing lead to another, and I ended up choosing a bike to buy, and signing up for the scheme. Today, When the approval came through, I went ahead and ordered the bike. As someone who is quite indecisive, I am quite proud of myself. My current cycle is an entry-level hybrid, and the most charitable way of describing it is it moves when I pedal my feet. But, I haven't bothered to maintain it because its cheap, and its a bit worse for wear after five years of use. Cycling is not a pleasurable experience with it, and that was fine until I was commuting to UWE. Now, the ride to uni and back feels like a slog. I deserve better, and I can afford better. I didn't have the patience to scour second-hand bike shops in the hope of finding a bike that would exactly fit my needs. So, I just went for it. I am trying to have a more healthy attitude towards money, which is fodder for another post.
Friday, April 22, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment