This is one of the most common answers to the "What are you looking for?" prompt on Hinge. I used to roll my eyes when I saw it because my first reaction was it reifies the stereotype that guys are supposed be funny and women are supposed t be pretty, and guys are supposed to make women laugh. But, on second thoughts, I may be wrong. Compatibility of sense of humour is so very important in a good friendship or a romantic relationship. Broad agreement on what we find funny and what we don't find funny is a sign that we are in the company of a kindred spirit. Laughter is as spontaneous a burst of emotion as any other, and we are at our most vulnerable and least guarded when we laugh. Compatibility of sense of humour is a form of intimacy. It is one of that chief ingredients of that all-important chemistry.
Thursday, April 21, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment