Sunday, April 17, 2022
To Be Or Not To Be On A Dating App
Its been three weeks since I rejoined dating apps, and I swing between ruing and condoning my decision. Shouldn't I be focussing on getting my life in order frist? Finishing my PhD, finding another place to stay, etc. On the other hand, a) Is my life really that disorderly? b) Will it ever be orderly enough in the near future? Will there ever come a time when I feel prepared to date. On the first question, I am of sound mental and physical health, as are all my near and dear ones, and I am gainfully employed. Yes, of course, there are parts of my life that I would like to change but who doesn't? I gave up pursuing a romantic prospect last year to concentrate on my PhD, and I don't think it did much good. As for the second question, the world is going to hell in a hand-basket and I am in a precarious profession. That time in the future when I feel tranquil and stable enough to seek love might be elusive. At the same time, the pursuit of love on online dating entails significant emotional labour, and the question of whether it is the right time or whether I am ready to provide the emotional labour at that point in time are two separate ones. The answer to the first could be yes, and the answer to the second could be no. For the time being, I have decided to stay on the apps at least until my subscription runs out. But, if it starts to get too much, I may quit earlier. I have decided to log out of the apps in the morning and log in in the evening, to prevent myself from checking it too often. I tried it yesterday, and it worked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment