Monday, July 16, 2018

New Spaces

My first day in the new PhD room. Not much to report. I thought I would miss the old room a lot, but the new room could have been a lot worse. It is a luxury to have a dedicated space to work in and until someone takes that away from me, I won't be mad. New spaces take getting used to but its a much easier process than getting used to new people. People are usually agreeable or disagreeable --one rarely has a neutral opinion of them. If you are indifferent to someone, chances are you find them at least slightly disagreeable. But, it is completely possible to be indifferent to a space. And, good company can make up for an unpleasant physical space but a nice space cannot make up for unpleasant company. My old colleagues  are still in the same room as me and  the new ones don't seem like any trouble, so I guess I should be fine.

No comments: