Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Health Wobble

The trouble with a long run with good health is even a slight wobble throws you off balance. I'm feeling a bit under the weather and it is causing me no more mental anguish than physical discomfort. I am not even ill enough to be able to describe what exactly is wrong with me. My stomach is slightly off and I don't feel drained out, but that is about it. And as someone who occasionally struggles with anxiety, every time I feel physically less than 100%, I assume its my anxiety acting up. Often, there is no obvious trigger so I just wait for it to pass. That has worked so far. And while I am skeptical of  the body-mind separation, I am not suggesting that all illness is in the head. Infections are real, cancer is real and the fact that I haven't fallen sick in a while is possibly down to good luck rather than any valiant effort on my part to keep myself in good spirits. But certain symptoms, such as an unsettled (but not necessarily upset) stomach, lethargy, insomnia, definitely correlate with anxiety.  

No comments: