Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Asking Too Many Questions

I am one of the people who asks questions most frequently at my summer school, and I have already asked some stupid ones. I admit that all my questions were not motivated by an innocent and earnest quest for knowledge. I have sometimes asked questions to appear and feel smart.
But, today, I felt unusually stupid after asking questions about a topic that I  knew nothing about. Maybe it is arrogant to assume that you can get a basic understanding of every topic in macroeconomics. I just felt really stupid after asking the question and decided not to ask any more during that session. 
But, I don't want this to turn into a self-flagellation exercise. I am sure people don't as much thought to me and my questions as much as I think they do. I am sure most of them don't conclude that I am either smart or annoyingly arrogant. Another instance of a human putting himself at the centre of other people's existence. And I am not here to  win friends and influence people. I am here to enjoy myself and learn something in the process. And, I am quite enjoying myself.

No comments: