Friday, January 19, 2018

A blog about blogging

Since I try to cycle back from uni while it is still light and lack a social life, my evenings are free. So, I have decided to use the time to blog. I could continue working on my PhD but have decided, as a rule, to not work from home unless unavoidable. The problem is when I am on a writing project/assignment, I work on it relentlessly so as not to break the flow. As a result, I feel mentally drained and am wracked with boredom for days after I finish. In case you get the impression I am a prolific writer, I should point out that the passionate writing sprees are woefully few and far between. This blog is part of an attempt to cultivate a healthier and less erratic writing habit which includes creative writing.
It is early days but I have a routine which I find quite relaxing. After I get home in the evenings, I make myself a piping hot cup of tea to drive the cold out of my bones. I then put on the radio and sit down to blog. I suppose there are worse ways to spend wintry evenings.
Of course, words don't come easily. Today, for instance, I spent 45 minutes thinking what to blog about. Since, this is a new (or, rather, newly revived)  blog, I could get away with blogging about blogging, but I realize that won't be an option for long. I have a pipeline of blog ideas which  I will work  through over the next few weeks. I have only one thumbrule--I should enjoy writing every post.  If it is boring to write, chances are it will be boring to read. On days when I feel particularly lazy, I will post poems and haikus I have written in the past. 

No comments: