Tuesday, March 11, 2025

Clocks Go Forward 2025

This winter was not like the previous ones, because I sprained my ankle a week after my last “clocks go back/forward” post. A sprained ankle meant that I couldn’t sit cross-legged, which put me off doing yoga. So, no cozy winter yoga sessions, or any yoga sessions at all. I sure could have used some relaxing yoga sessions because it has been an eventful five months. My last “clocks go back/forward” was a few days before the US elections, and expressed misgivings about each possible result. The (less) genocidal fascist corporate shill came to power and is unleashing chaos on a colossal scale. I have spilled enough ink writing about how the mundane will have to co-exist with the momentous. And, also about the realisation that I will have to play a part, however small, in building a world that I want to be part of. That has conviction has grown stronger, I am happy to report, despite the roaring binfire that the world is right now. The past few months have also been a period of personal growth on the personal and professional front. A popular saying goes that doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I think that is a bit harsh because performing the same action in different circumstances can yield different results. But, one has to balance that with the  openness and humility to trying new things, and I have started to take baby steps in new directions on both fronts.

No comments: