Sunday, June 23, 2019

Two Years of Yoga With Adrienne

The two-year anniversary of my Yoga with Adrienne journey passed without me even noticing. The anniversary was one week ago, but yoga has become such a part of my life that I have stopped congratulating myself for keeping at it. Barely a day passes when  I don't do yoga. I don't get up from the mat feeling blissful every time because if I did, it would be a drug. Over the past year, I have had fewer moments of anxiety than in the previous year. Maybe I have become better at dealing with it, maybe I have just been plain lucky. Whatever the reason, I don't do yoga with quiet desperation, like I used to during the first year when I was afraid the demons would start their devilish dance. Yoga now has a comforting familiarity. In coming years, I am sure my relationship with yoga will change. Maybe I will start following another yoga channel, maybe I will join a different yoga class. It is difficult to imagine, when I am still so attached to the class and the Yoga with Adrienne channel. But, if I can be honest, YWAs postures have begun to feel a little repetitive. Maybe my body and mind will ask for some other form of nourishment. Whatever happens, I will always be grateful for what YWA has given me. 

No comments: