Sunday, June 16, 2019

Back in Bristol

I got back late last night and spent most of today relaxing. It's been almost two weeks since I blogged and I missed it. It was not a lack of time that prevented me from blogging but a lack of private space. I was sharing a room, and I discovered that I find it difficult to blog with someone in close proximity, even if they can't see my screen. Blogging is a private activity even if the final output isn't. 
I feel like blogging has become an emotional anchor of my life. It helps me process thoughts, emotions and events and makes me a more content and, hence, nicer person to be around. When one doesn't have the opportunity to reflect and ruminate, the unprocessed thoughts and emotions usually find their way out in one's words or actions. And, that is usually not a good thing. 
The two-week summer school was an intense experience which has given me a lot of food for blog. I wish I had written down all the ideas that came to me, but I hope I can pick up on at least some of them in the following days and weeks.

No comments: