Tuesday, June 18, 2024
Airport Blog June 2024
I should be grateful to be sitting here, waiting for my flight. I took a gamble booking my ticket before getting my passport back from the US embassy. In retrospect, my chain of reasoning before I booked the ticket sounds absurd. Suffice to say, it had something to do with the cost of booking a flight late vs the cost of changing a flight. I immediately regretted it after booking the flight. It might have been the wise decision monetarily, but it was not worth the stress of wondering whether my passport would arrive in time. The main purpose of money is to reduce the stress in one's life. My passport arrived at 1:22 pm and I left for the coach station at 2:45 pm, and even managed to squeeze in a trip to the library and the shops. This is the second rash decision I have made in the past week, and its something I am going to mull over. Anyway, all is well that ends well. I think this is the most at ease I have been before an India trip despite the events of the past eight months. Previous trips were clouded by the pandemic, an unfinished PhD and the stress of a job hunt. On this trip, I have loads to look forward. My parents' and grandmothers' reaction when I land up at home unannounced tomorrow. Journo school was one of the best years of my life, and this weekend I will be travelling to Chennai for a reunion. I have drifted apart from the three people I hung out the most with, but other close friends whom I have kept in touch with are attending. And, its always good to visit home and touch base with friends and family before a major move, which I am slowly getting more excited about despite the events in Gaza.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment